TDS TRACES Services offered to PAO
PAO stands for Pay and Account Office which is responsible for maintaining the payment records of various government employees. Drawing and Disbursing Officer (DDO) functioning under a ministry or department is a person who is authorised to draw money for specified types of payments against an assignment account or letter of credit account opened in his favour in a specified branch of an accredited bank. In respect of tax deducted by DDO, Pay and Accounts Office (PAO) is required to file FORM 24G to the agency authorised by the Director General of Income-Tax (Systems) within 10 days after the end of each calendar month.
The key services that can be availed by PAO on TRACES Portal are:
- Registration on TRACES
- Dashboard view which gives a summary of details pertaining to their DDOs
- View statement status for TAN mapped to their Account Office Identification Number (AIN)
To avail the services offered by TRACES, the tax payer has to register himself on the website of TRACES. Following are the steps for registration:
- Go to the TRACES website.
- On Login page, click on ‘Register as New User’
- Select ‘PAO’ as type of User
- Provide requisite details as shown on the TRACES Registration Form:
- Confirm the details on confirmation screen.
- Click on Submit.
- On successful registration, activation link will be sent to registered email id and separate activation codes will be sent to registered email id and mobile number.
- Click on activation link and enter activation
- After activation, user can login to TRACES using the applicable user id and password.
For more information on this, visit www.taxaj.com.