Form 11 is due on 30th May of each year. All LLPs registered under the Limited Liability Act, 2008 have to annually file two forms – Form 11 and Form 8.
Annual Return: Form 11 is to be submitted within 60 days of closure of the financial year i.e 30th May of each year. (Financial year closes on 31st March.)
Statement of Account and Solvency: Form 8 is to be submitted within 30 days from the expiry of six months from the closure of the financial year i.e 30th October of each year.
This article covers the requirements for filing Form 11- Annual Return. Also, We have given in brief here, the important aspects to note while filing Form 11.
What is Form 11 and How to file it?
Form 11 is an Annual return that is to be filled by all LLPs irrespective of turnover during the year. Even when an LLP does not carry out any operations or business during the financial year, Form 11 needs to be filed. Apart from Basic information about the Name, Address of LLP, and details of Partners/ Designated Partners, other details that need to be declared are :
- Total contribution by/to partners of the LLP
- Details of notices received towards Penalties imposed / compounding offenses committed during the financial year
It must be e-filed on the MCA portal. The e-form has to be downloaded and filled in offline mode. The pre-fill option is available to minimize your efforts and the Pre-scrutiny button is present to validate the data filled in. This is done before you submit the form online.
What are the prerequisites?
- LLPIN (Limited Liability Partnership Identification number) allotted to the LLP is needed to pre-fill the basic data.
- Declaration about contribution/sums received by all the partners of the LLP
- Payment of fees with respect to e-Form 4 (Notice of appointment, cessation, and change in designation of a designated partner or partner) and processing of e-form 4 should be completed (If applicable).
- Get DSC of your Designated Partner ready!
What are the Documents to be submitted along with Form 11?
- Details of LLP and/ or company in which partners/ designated partners (DP) are directors/ partners (It is mandatory to attach these details in case any partner/ DP is a partner in any LLP and/ or director in any other company)
- Any other information can be provided as an optional attachment to this e-Form
Important Aspects to note while filing Annual return for LLP
Some of the important pointers that all LLPs have to make note of while filing the 5-page Form 11 are as follows:
- Using the pre-scrutiny button available on the Form can help validate the data entered. This will help in processing the data error-free (Without mistakes).
- Wherever figures are declared in the forms, these must be entered as they stand on 31st March.
- Details of LLP and/ or company in which partners/ designated partners( DP) is/are directors/ partner. (It is mandatory to attach this detail in case any partner/ DP is a partner in any LLP and/ or director in any other company).
- The e-form needs certification of a practicing Company Secretary compulsorily if either of the following conditions is satisfied:
- The total contribution made by Partners is more than Rs. 50 lakhs
- Turnover of LLP is more than Rs. 5 crores
If figures are within/less than the above limits then the designated partner themselves can certify the e-form.For more information visit llp annual filing. Note that there is no provision for resubmission of this e-Form.
What are the consequences of late filing Form 11?
A penalty of Rs. 100 per day is chargeable till the date of filing. Have all the necessary information in hand to file your form? ClearTax can give you professional help to file your Annual returns (Form 11 and Form 8) in a simple 4-step process.
Created & Posted By Aashima Verma
Accounts Executive at TAXAJ
TAXAJ is a consortium of CA, CS, Advocates & Professionals from specific fields to provide you with a One-Stop Solution for all your Business, Financial, Taxation & Legal Matters under One Roof. Some of them are: Launch Your Start-Up Company/Business
, Trademark & Brand Registration
, Digital Marketing
, E-Stamp Paper Online
, Closure of Business
, Legal Services
, Payroll Services
, etc. For any further queries related to this or anything else, visit TAXAJ
TAXAJ Corporate Services LLP
Address: 1/11, 1st Floor, Sulahkul Vihar, Old Palam Road, Dwarka, Delhi-110078
How to File Form 11 for LLP?
Form 11 is due on 30th May 2018. All LLPs registered under Limited Liability Act, 2008 have to annually file two forms Form 11 and Form 8. Annual Return: Form 11 is to be submitted within 60 days of closure of the financial year i.e 30th May 2018. ...
How to File ROC Annual Return?
ROC Filing Every company is required to file the annual accounts and annual return as per The Companies Act, 2013 within 30 days and 60 days respectively from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting. The ROC filing of annual accounts is governed ...
Last Date of Annual Filing of Company
Every company is required to file the annual accounts and annual return as per The Companies Act, 2013 within 30 days and 60 days respectively from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting. The ROC filing of annual accounts is governed under ...
Annual Compliance for Limited liability partnership
Partnership has been the most desirable form of business since ages. Just by adding a prefix i.e ‘Limited Liability’, A new form of business is created which is Limited Liability Partnership. The ulterior motive for constituting this form of business ...
ROC Annual Return Filing for New Company
Every New Company registered in India, including private limited, public limited company, one person company and section 8 company must file annual returns with ROC every year. It requires conducting of an Annual General Meeting and filing annual ...